A 50-year-old resident of Newcastle, UK, was seriously scared for his dog. His four-legged Giant Schnauzer friend, Alfie, needed emergency veterinary help. And everything is to blame for harmless, at first glance, golf balls.
Neil Taylor, Alfie’s owner, let the dog run around the golf course near their home. It was just empty due to the pandemic, so it became the perfect place for a frisky dog.
It turned out that Alfie not only frolicked but also enjoyed eating golf balls forgotten on the field, which his owner did not even suspect!
The consequences of eating golf balls did not appear immediately. At first, Alfie noticeably quieted down, then he even fainted, and after that, he completely vomited four balls.
The owner was horrified when he saw what was in Alfie’s stomach all this time! Worried about the health of his pet, Neil rather took him to the vet.
Golf balls turned out to be like a sugar bones for Alfie, and therefore, during the walk, he managed to eat as many as 26 pieces!
Of course, the dog needed an operation immediately! The surgeons managed to extract absolutely all the balls.
Golf balls weigh only 46 grams, but given their number, Alfie carried more than a kilogram of this equipment!
Now Alfie feels great, although for some time he will have to walk around in a muzzle to unlearn the habit of grabbing foreign objects from the floor. But for sure, it is clear that with such an owner, he definitely will not be lost!